Saturday 2 August 2014

(ARC) Book Review (368): Strange And Ever After (Something Strange And Deadly #3) - Susan Dennard


Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3)

Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 400
Genre: Steampunk/Paranormal
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
Strange And Ever After is the final book in the Something Sweet And Deadly Trilogy, set in a historical time period, combining steampunk and zombies which gives every one of the books a gothic feel, and will send you on a journey across the world.

This book mainly takes place in Egypt, as Eleanor, the spirit-hunters and Oliver trek down Marcus to destroy him once and for all.

Without giving too much away, the power that Eleanor possesses is gradually increasing as is her hatred and fury for Marcus, still trying to keep away from the hellhounds that are after her, and also her will they-won't they relationship with Daniel will finally be resolved.

All questions are answered by the time the book comes to a close, but not everybody makes it out alive, and it's because of this that I disliked the end so much, after everything that all of these characters have suffered and been put through, I would expect all of them together to receive their well deserved happily ever afters, but instead we end up suffering the loss of a character that just ruined the whole series for me.

However I have enjoyed Susan's writing and imagery throughout the trilogy, and  I will certainly keep an eye out for her next release.

I give this 3/5 stars.


I’m a 30-year-old reader, writer, lover of animals, and eater of cookies. I used to be a marine biologist, but now I write novels. And not novels about fish either, but novels about kick-butt heroines and swoon-worthy rogues (I really like swoon-worthy rogues).
I live in the Midwestern US with my French husband and Irish setter, and you can learn more about my crazy thoughts and crippling cookie-addiction on twitterfacebook, or Goodreads.
My debut, Something Strange and Deadly,  is now available from HarperTeen along with its sequel, A Darkness Strange and Lovely. The final installment in the series, Strange and Ever After, will release 7/22/14. Plus, my new epic fantasy series–Truthwitch–will release from Tor in fall 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment