Sunday 15 December 2013

(ARC) Book Review (285): Evertrue (Everneath #3) - Brodi Ashton


Evertrue (Everneath #3)

Publication: 21st January 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 368
Genre: Paranormal/Mythology
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love.
My Thoughts.
Evertrue is the the third and final book in the Everneath trilogy by Brodi Ashton.
What a bittersweet but ultimately fantastic ending to this brilliant series, kudos to Brodi Ashton for a great finale.
One thing that you should know about me, I hate reading the last book in a series!
Let me explain, my theory no matter how insane it sounds, it's that if I don't read the last book then the series never ends, I don't end up in tears if it doesn't end the way I want it too, or someone dies, or that the heroine chooses the wrong guy, and I have so many series I need to finish but I will get there eventually I hope.
I was of course a bit hesitant to pick this up, I never wanted it too end!
There was really only one of two ways that this series could have gone, and while I did anticipate the ending here, it in no way made it less gut-wrenching, and there were tears, which I never expected but were well deserved.
The shock ending of the last book Everbound had me desperate for a copy of this book, so when I received a copy for review I may have squealed a tiny bit (okay a lot)!
So we discover that Nikki is becoming an Everliving just like Cole, thanks to his avoidance of explaining to her the process of becoming the one thing she despises, so there is only one way to fix it, she's going to destroy the Everneath once and for all!
With the help of the recently returned Jack and even Cole (there is a reason for his assistance, trust me he would never do it willingly), they venture down to the Everneath to defeat the Queen and put an end to it all forever.
Filled with action and suspense this is one book you're gonna want to get your hands on A.S.A.P, it is that good!
So as sad as I am that there will be no more books released in this series, I look forward to whatever Brodi has planned for next, she is definitely an instant buy author for me, and I eagerly await her next release.
Highly recommended, I can't praise it enough, be sure to pick up a copy, and let yourself become absorbed in this world of Brodi's making.
I give this a big 5/5 stars.


Because of two parents who were Greek myth geeks, I grew up thinking the latest fashion trends were inspired by Aphrodite, and a good conversational opener was, “So, which mythological character do you most resemble?” Despite these social shortcomings, I found a great husband who’s always my first reader. We live in Utah with our two young boys, who still have no idea why I'm at the computer all the time.

I received a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from the University of Utah and a Master’s degree in International Relations from the London School of Economics.



2 comments:

  1. Evertrue is the the third and final book in the Everneath trilogy by Brodi Ashton.
    What a bittersweet but ultimately fantastic ending to this brilliant series, kudos to Brodi Ashton for a great finale.
    Top Site for Alaskan halibut Zernia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete