Thursday 23 May 2013

Book Review (227): Hopeless - Colleen Hoover


Hopeless (Hopeless #1)

Publication: 7th May 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Australia
Pages: 406
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Appropriate: New Adult
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.
My Thoughts.
What an intense and gripping read, full of so much emotion, you'll feel bereft once you turn the final page!
I have to admit that this is the first Colleen Hoover book that I've ever read, I've heard of her before and know of her books but had yet to pick one up before being sent Hopeless to review.
But after reading this book which deserves all the praise and hype that it has and still is receiving, I will definitely be hunting down all of her other books as well, which unsurprisingly  seem to be as popular and loved as Hopeless, and after reading this book and seeing the talent that is Colleen I can see why.
I haven't read too many books in the New Adult genre, but what I have read including this masterpiece here will have me immersing myself in as many books as I can find, while wondering why it's taken so long for this genre to really take off like it has in the last year or so.
Sky and Holder make for one unforgettable couple, it's this plus the fantastic, heartbreaking and shocking plot that raises the bar for other New Adult books being released.
The story of both characters are so emotionally draining that you feel yourself in despair at what Sky especially has had to endure in her life and the tie that she has with Holder is a surprise twist I guess you could say, that really gives this book a life of it's own.
Once started this book will grip you until you lose track of time and whatever's going on around you.
I can't recommend this book enough, definitely pick this up you won't be disappointed!
I give this a hugely well deserved 5/5 Stars.
A Big Thanks To Simon & Schuster Australia For The Review Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment