Saturday 30 June 2012

Book Review (104). The Half-Breed Vampire - Theresa Meyers


The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)


Publication: 21st February 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 288
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Age Appropriate: Adult


Ignorant of his true heritage, half-breed Slade Donovan is fated to feel like an outsider among his clan. Until a mysterious woman arrives with the ability to unlock his secrets—and make him crave a future he never believed he could have….As a game warden, Raina Ravenwing has only one mission in the Cascade Mountains: to hunt down a pack of rare wolves that is terrorizing her tribe. Her instant attraction to Slade is a distraction the beautiful wolf whisperer can't afford, unless she agrees to let him help her. Yet working so closely together only intensifies their passion…even as the unfolding truth of Slade's identity threatens everything Raina holds sacred.
My Thoughts.
I've long been a fan of Mills & Boon/Harlequin books, I remember when I was a teenager I used to read all of my Mum's old one's and they used to be all I ever read and then for reasons unknown I stopped reading them, then after Twilight I got into the paranormal genre and was delighted to find that Harlequin had moved along with me and released the Nocturne series all to do with every paranormal creature that you could imagine, and I soon started collecting them and I'm glad to say that I haven't read a bad book in the series since.
This book is the third book in the Sons Of Midnight series, I didn't realise until I started reading it that I had obviously not read the first two books.
So while I did feel like I may have missed out on some important information to do with the specific storyline and the lore of the vampires and werewolves, it was still an enjoyable story.
The story starts with Slade a vampire tracking werewolves in the forest when he comes across Raina a police officer, after wiping her memory he is surprised when he finds her at work the next day and he is told that they are partnering up to investigate some missing people and the appearance of wolves, being the best tracker around Slade helps her to find out what is going on.
Slade who has no memory of his life before he was eight and found homeless will find out about his  history, the fact that Raina knows who his parents are and the connection she has to Slade's past.
I really liked that the vampires in this story are different from others I read about and it gave the vampire lore a fresh twist.
I will definitely be seeking out the previous book in the series to find out what I've missed.
I give this 4/5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment