Tuesday 22 May 2012

Book Review (88).


Fury (Mercy #4)

Publication: 1st May 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins Australia
Pages: 384
Genre: Paranormal
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
**Warning Contains Spoilers From Previous Books**
Heartbreak. Vengeance. Fury.

Mercy is an exiled angel cast down to earth and forced to live out thousands of different lives for her own protection. Betrayed by her eternal love, Luc, Mercy burns with fury. The time of reckoning is here and now she must wage open war with Luc and his demons. Ryan’s love for Mercy is more powerful than ever, but loving an angel is mortally dangerous. As their two worlds collide, Mercy approaches her ultimate breathtaking choice.

Hell hath no fury like Mercy ...
My Thoughts.
This is the final book in the Mercy series, a thrilling end to a fantastic series that was very hard to stop reading.
We come to the battle that the first three books in the series have been working towards, I found the start of the book to be pretty slow going I didn't finish as fast as I did the previous books and I kept picking it up and putting it down even reading another book in-between which I never do, thankfully towards the middle of the book it starts to pick up and we get a bit more action and excitement that I became a fan of in the other books.
The book takes off straight after the ending of the previous book and Mercy and Ryan take refuge in a church while they wait for the demons to disappear.
Mercy gets to spend a lot of time in her own skin so to speak after having spent centuries possessing other people's bodies, she and the Eight Elohim are at war with Luc (Lucifer) and his army of fallen angels
Luc needs Mercy to help destroy the world but in the last book she came to realise he doesn't love her and was just using her, not only that but he was responsible for her exile. 
Mercy spends some time in this book freeing some of the Eight that have been captured by Luc and been tortured in hopes to gather together and destroy Luc once and for all.
Mercy and Luc's relationship was quite a bit up and down in this book,  it was a bit back and forth on Mercy's part of deciding whether or not to break up with him to save his life and I wish that they could have been a bit stronger together as a couple.
We also welcomed back some characters from the previous books: Lauren (Ryan's twin sister) from the first book who finally gets to meet the real Mercy and Gia from the previous book who was Irina's assistant and one of my favourite characters from the series.
I would have loved to have known more about the Eight I think that they were very interesting characters and would have liked to have read more about them.
I was very happy with how the series finished it was exactly what I wanted, now if only we could get a series about the Eight I'd be very happy.
I give this 4/5.
A Big Thanks To Lara @ Harper Collins Australia.


1 comment: