Saturday 4 February 2012

Book Review (51).


Fated (Fated #1)

Pages: 320
Genre: Paranormal
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
Price: $16.99

My Thoughts.
I wanted to read this book long before it was released and had been on my wishlist for a really long time and boy was I excited when I got my hands on a copy and I wasn't disappointed and I will definately be checking out Sarah Alderson's previous book.
Evie is just your normal typical seventeen year old girl, so she thinks, after the death of her father she works two jobs to help support her mother and herself and it's while working at one of her jobs at the diner doing the nightly close up taking out the rubbish that she is ambushed by beings that are not quite human.
She is saved by a customer who had offered her another job and who she finds out is a Hunter just like her and just like her biological parents who died saving her life, she discovers that the Brotherhood (a group of different demons ) are out to kill her before she comes into her full powers and completes her part in a prophecy.
Lucas who is  half human, half  Shadow Warrior (he's able to turn invisible in shadows) works on the side of the Brotherhood offers to go undercover to get close to Evie and then kill her, but what he doesn't plan for is to fall in love with her and betray the Brotherhood.
One thing that Lucas does want is revenge against Victor (who is training Evie) because he was resposible for the death's of Lucas' parents.
I loved the different species of supernaturals we have our usual vampires (they are called Thirsters in this book), shapeshifters, mixens and scorpios, in this world they are called the unhumans.
I loved the characters and the slow developed romance between Evie and Lucas and I definately can't wait to read more about this world and it's characters.
I give this 4/5.
A Big Thanks To Caroline @ Simon And Schuster Australia.



2 comments:

  1. YESS! Agreed! I loved the different characters and races, and the slow-burn romance between Evie and Lucas. I loved the mythology. Sarah Alderson is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of paranormal but this one is on my tbr list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete